Roasted Vegetables with Puy Lentils
Duration: 1 hour
The best time of the year is here with all its festive cheer. For a foodie like me, this is also the worst nightmare. Why? Because while my heart is craving for all the goodies, my jeans are saying “for the love of God, woman, eat a salad!” But if you style it right, feel-good food don’t need to be boring. Flavours of roasted vegetables on a bed of Puy lentils and topped with creamy feta cheese…oh hello delicious!! A lovely winter salad, low in calories and perfect for a satisfying lunch or dinner.
- 180g butternut squash cubed
- 1 courgette sliced
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 1 red onion sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 200g Puy lentils
- Vegetable stock (enough to cover the lentils)
- 1 garlic clove finely sliced
- 50g feta cheese crumbled
- 2 tbsp spring onions chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon thyme
- Rock salt as per taste
- Freshly ground black pepper as per taste
- Preheat oven to 180°C / fan 200°C.
- Toss all the vegetables into a bowl along with olive oil.
- Season with rock salt.
- Roast the vegetables for 40 mins or until they are little charred. Turn halfway if needed.
- In the meantime, fry the garlic clove for few seconds.
- Add the Puy lentils and cover with vegetable stock. Bring to the boil and let it simmer until tender.
- Once done, divide the Puy lentils into serving plates.
- Add the prepared vegetables.
- Top it with crumbled cheese, spring onions and thyme.
- Season with black pepper and enjoy!