Peach Frangipani Traybake (Gluten-free)
Duration: 1 hour
Serves: 8-10 portions
Yearning for some exquisite delicacy on a hot summer afternoon? This easy Peach Frangipani Traybake bursting with juicy flavours is sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
Fun Fact: The history of frangipane is traced back to a 16th century Italian nobleman, Marquis Muzio Frangipani, who introduced almond-scented gloves that were all the rage in Paris. French pastry chefs were inspired & invented the recipe, which became a classic.
- 3 eggs
- 220g caster sugar
- 150g softened butter
- 240g ground almonds
- 150-200g peaches (you can also use summer berries)
- Icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and line a medium-sized baking tin.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together, until the mixture is full of air and thick.
- Then gently add butter, a little at a time.
- Fold in almonds slowly, making sure not to knock out too much air.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking tin, sprinkle with the fruits and distribute evenly.
- Bake for 25-30 mins and leave to cool in the tin.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve.