Duration: 25 mins
One of the most popular and versatile dishes in any Indian household or restaurant is Paneer. Use it in a gravy, make it dry or toss it with any vegetables, you can never go wrong!
While I love ‘Paneer Butter Masala’ and ‘Palak Paneer’, there are days when I can’t be bothered with all the chopping and grinding. I want to be in and out of the kitchen, but still have the satisfaction of making something very tasty. Do you ever go through such phases?
This finger-licking ‘Paneer Masala’ recipe gets done in a jiffy and goes very well with parathas or fried rice.
- 400g paneer
- 1 onion
- 1-2 dried red chillies
- 3-4 black cardamoms
- 2-3 cloves
- 1″ cinnamon
- 6-8 black peppercorns
- 1-2 whole mace
- 2-3 tbsp oil
- Coriander leaves – for garnishing
- Cut paneer into small cubes.
- Chop the onion into thin slices. Keep aside.
- Coarsely grind black cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, black peppercorns and mace.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the masala with dried red chillies for few seconds.
- Add onion and salt. Fry until onions are browned.
- Toss the paneer into the pan and mix well.
- Cook for couple of minutes and garnish with coriander leaves, before taking it off the heat.
- Enjoy it hot with parathas or fried rice.