Nutty Oreo Cupcakes
Duration: 40 mins
This is the season to get drenched in the conspiracy of love. For a hopeless romantic me, it is time to take out my rose-tinted glasses and fall head over heels unapologetically and unconditionally…fully and completely.
The King of Romance says, “Perhaps the oldest and the simplest emotion known to mankind is love”, so more often than not I let the nudges of my heart lead the way. This recipe was born out of one heart full of love, two heaped cups of patience and a dash of meraki.
Sure enough the Oreos topped with a dollop of Nutella is a match made in heaven, but oh the delight of sprinkling a generous amount of chocolate chips and roasted hazelnuts – the sinful bites of pure pleasure have arrived!
- 12 Oreo cookies
- 6 tbsp Nutella
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp roasted hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 180ºC and place the cupcake liners into the cupcake pan.
- Put Oreo cookie in each hole and top it with a dollop of Nutella. Set aside.
- Mix the flour with baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, make a smooth mixture with cocoa, milk, boiling water and remaining Nutella.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar until fluffy and creamy, adding one egg at a time.
- Add the vanilla essence and combine well.
- Then add half of the flour mixture along with the cocoa mix into the mixing bowl. Beat for couple of minutes.
- Add the chocolate chips and roasted hazelnuts, along with the remaining flour to make a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into the cupcake cases.
- Bake for 20-25 mins.
- Once ready, let it cool for a bit before lightly dusting with icing sugar.
- Decorate to your heart’s content and serve with lots of love