Mexican Bean Salad
Duration: Less than 30 mins
This has been our go-to weeknight dinner for few years now, simply because it is filling, healthy and gets done in a jiffy. It goes well with breadsticks, flatbreads, toasted tortillas or even garlic baguettes.
Any leftovers? Stuff into a pitta bread or roll it into a tortilla and you have a tasty lunchbox for the next day.
- 2 eggs
- 2 avocados (peeled and stoned)
- 400g red kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 red onion finely sliced
- Coriander roughly chopped
- 10-12 cherry red tomatoes (halved)
- 2 tbsp salad dressing
- 1 red chilli deseeded and finely sliced
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- Boil the eggs, let it cool. Peel and cut into halves.
- Slice the avocados, keep it aside.
- In a large bowl, add the red kidney beans, onion, coriander and tomatoes.
- Mix salad dressing (we prefer lime and coriander dressing), red chilli and cumin.
- Add the eggs and serve.