Cranberry, Pistachio & Orange Drizzle Cake
Duration: 1 hour 15 mins
It’s that time of the year when everything around smells of fraser fir, orange, cinnamon, ginger, cranberries and chocolate. One delicious flavour that is a must for this festive season is the sweet-tart combination of orange and cranberry. And when there’s a dose of pistachios added, it becomes all the more decadent.
Wishing you all the jingly joys of Christmas with my cranberry, pistachio and orange drizzle cake.
- 4 eggs
- 175g self-raising flour
- 225g unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 225g golden caster sugar
- 50g granulated sugar
- 1 orange juice plus zest
- 50g pistachios sliced
- 175g cranberries
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease a loaf tin and line with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the butter, caster sugar and eggs.
- Add the flour, baking powder, pistachios and orange zest.
- Beat the mixture, until well combined. Do not overbeat.
- Gently fold in the cranberries.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared loaf tin. Level the surface and tap the tin on the counter few times to eliminate any air bubbles.
- Bake for an hour or so until well risen. Gently press the centre of the cake to see if it springs back. Then insert a clean wooden or metal skewer into the centre of the cake to see if it is ready.
- In the meantime, heat the orange juice and sugar for couple of minutes.
- Take the cake out of the oven and while still warm, poke holes into the cake. Slowly pour over the orange juice mixture and let the cake soak it.
- Leave it to cool before cutting it into slices. Enjoy!