Chingri Lonka Pora (Prawns with charred red chillies)
Duration: 40 mins
They say “next to jazz music, there is nothing that lifts the spirit and strengthens the soul more than a good bowl of chilli.”
Now while a bowl of chilli might not look too appetising, a little dose of spicy kick is all it takes to bring a melange of flavours and aroma to any dish. If you can handle the heat of chillies and want to make a sizzling start to the weekend, then this prawns recipe with minimal ingredients will surely leave you yearning for more.
- 500gm prawns
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 10 dried red chillies
- 2-3 chopped tomatoes
- 2-3 tbsp mustard oil
- Salt – to taste
- Wash the prawns properly and then marinate with turmeric and salt. Keep aside.
- Dry roast 6 red chillies until charred. Soak in warm water for few minutes before making a paste.
- Fry the prawns in a mustard oil and keep aside.
- Heat mustard oil in a pan.
- Saute 4 dried red chillies.
- Add chopped tomatoes, prawns, salt and red chilli paste.
- Cook over low flame until oil releases from the masala and it’s ready to be served.