Chickpeas & Oats Patties
Duration: 1 Hour
It was one of those lazy days when I didn’t want to spend hours in the kitchen but craved for something delicious. The grocery was not going to be delivered until later in the day, so I could only find couple of bell peppers and carrots lying around in the fridge. Then the idea struck – how about a healthy version of ‘tikkis’, but make it vegan too? Whip up a quick dip with some avocado and jalapeno and we surely have a winner!
- 1 cup chickpeas (soaked overnight, rinsed & drained)
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 red onion chopped very fine
- 1 or 2 chopped bell peppers
- 1 grated carrot
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 chopped jalapeno
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp hot sauce
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 4 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 tbsp red chilli powder (optional depending on taste)
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Salt as per taste
- Grind the chickpeas in a mixture till it has a grainy texture.
- In a bowl mix all the ingredients really well together and form into patties. You can also add courgette and herbs or any other vegetables that you like.
- Add little oil in a grilling pan.
- Once hot, place the patties and cook each side in medium-low heat.
- Serve with mayonnaise or a dip of your choice.